Introductions and Hellos

     For anyone looking for advice, knowing where the advice is coming from is a wise idea. I've been playing Tabletop Roleplaying Games since early high school, around 2011. My first game was Iron Kingdoms by Privateer Press (x) that was based on 2d6 and closely followed the rules of the wargame it's based on. An older friend Brad was the DM, his experience showed well with colorful descriptions and fantastical locations described that still stick in my mind today. From there I played a handful of Pathfinder games and soon jumped feet first into amateur game design. 

    In a matter of months my friend Todd and I were playing a homebrew wargame Furry Cosmonauts before class with units doodled on paper and pages of arrows and lines like a football playbook. In a couple of years I had a folder with a game system for everything, Mech combat, Wild West shootouts, Pro Skateboarding, Cavemen, RPG drinking game hybrids, Modern Gang life, even a system for being street samurai and ninja in Brooklyn (In which the attributes spell CREAM, I listened to a lot of Wu-tang clan). Not only was the genre of a wide breadth, Mechanically each game was different. Some used dice pools, Percentile, d20, Exploding dice, I even played with dice pools with a Height and Width like the One-Roll Engine (x). I tried everything I could find. 

    I've run numerous games, mostly one shots and playtesting of all these homebrew systems but I've also had a successful year long campaign in a homebrew Time Traveling Super Solider game that my friends and I still reference, and a year long point crawl campaign in a skill based fantasy heartbreaker Armored Heroes. As well as running three campaigns concurrently, my current design project is a game built off of Chainmail with the question, "What if I was the first to turn this into a roleplaying game?" Expect more on that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts